Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What is Natural Medicines?
Click on the link above to access Natural Medicines. If you are off-campus, you will be asked to enter your username and password (the same login information you would use for Moodle).
- Natural Medicines is a knowledge database, similar to an encyclopedia.
- It has top-tier, scientifically proven information on complementary and alternative therapies in medicine.
- It is interactive, allowing you to find specialized information about the search terms you enter.
- It is updated as new evidence is discovered, so the information is always current and reliable.
Can I find journal articles in Natural Medicines?
Natural Medicines does not contain journal articles, but the reports do reference journal articles that you can find in another database. For more information about finding and accessing articles, please see the Finding Articles tab in this research guide.
For more help on this topic, please contact our Research Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-768-7303. Stay up-to-date on our current hours. Note: all hours are EST.
This Guide was created by Carolyn Swidrak (retired).
What can I find in Natural Medicines?
Natural Medicines provides a reports on complementary and alternative medicine topics. You'll find two types of reports:
- Professional Monographs are comprehensive reports, intended for health care providers and students.
- Patient Handouts are brief summaries with an easy reading level, intended for consumers or patients.
The professional monographs will be most useful for your research.